Viewbank Tennis Club
Your community tennis club for more than 50 years
COVID-19 Update (20 October 2020)- Return to Play
Dear VBTC members,
Viewbank Tennis Club will be reopening for a return to play tennis on Thursday 22 October 2020!
Following the advice today (20 October 2020) from Tennis Victoria and Banyule City Council, we are pleased to announce the return to play but with some conditions/rules for safe play during COVID times.
Rules of Play:
BOOK. GET IN. PLAY. GET OUT.
As advised by Tennis Victoria and from their consultation with Government, the conditions and rules for play are summarised below:
- Max of 10 people at the venue (not including coaches).
- Singles play OR singles/doubles with players from the same household.
- No clubhouse access is allowed.
- No use of the pergola area. Due to number restrictions: no social gathering at the club.
- Only financial members will be permitted to using the courts. The club has the right to remove any non-financial member from bookings made.
- Courts 3, 7 and 8 will be available for members to book to play socially all day Monday to Sunday until 8pm. (no other courts – yet)
- Coaching will be run by Topline Tennis on courts 1 & 2, Monday to Saturday.
- Records must be kept of all members using our facility. So, booking a court ahead of play is essential and all players’ full names and details should be listed on the same booking. If a player is not listed on a booking, then play will not be permitted.
- All players are required to wear a mask while at the club except in playing time.
- To help make our return to play fair for all members, bookings will be limited to one (1) hour per booking between 4-8pm on weekdays.
To book a court for play, go to – Court Booking
***As the system is NEW, please bear with us while we will be working through teething issues, just try login/out or wait & try a little before contacting us. Thank you for your understanding***
Concerns of social distancing is not being followed
We encourage members to contact the Police if they are concerned of any actions taken that go against advice from the Club and Health Authorities.
If you are not receiving emails from the club, please check your junk mail first prior to sending your email address to email@example.com.
Look after each other & Stay safe! Have fun!
VBTC Executive Committee
Viewbank Tennis Club – Risk warning
You acknowledge that by using the tennis courts and playing tennis you will be exposed to certain risks, including the risk of physical injury. You may also be exposed to the possibility of contracting an illness, including without limitation the COVID-19 virus. The COVID-19 virus can spread very quickly and result in very serious medical complications in some people. You agree that the use of the tennis courts is entirely at your own risk. You have read and understood this risk warning and voluntarily accept and assume the inherent risks in use of the tennis courts and playing tennis.
Return to Tennis Guidelines: It is important that we all take precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Guidelines have been developed to reduce the likelihood of contracting the virus while playing tennis. Before playing tennis, please review the guidelines which are available here: TV Update
Our club was founded in 1969 and has 350 members for the 2018/2019 membership year. With our quality facilities, courts and people, it allows us to provide a fun and safe environment to enjoy playing tennis with their family and friends both in the social or competition scene! Last year, the club has celebrated it’s 50th birthday in style.
Upcoming events:- postponed for now
*NEW* Calling for new players, those who are wanting to pick up a racket again, or you just want to have fun.
NO SKILL-NO RACKET-NO MATES REQUIRED: Open Court Sessions – Sunday’s from 4.30-6pm.
Register here: OpenCourtViewbankTC
Club Championships – Date TBC – juniors & seniors.
See our facebook site for details.
Buy NEW Viewbank Tennis Club Shirt now! Password:
Pay your VBTC 2019-2020 Club Membership
- Viewbank Tennis Club has 18 adult teams playing in the NENTG and HDTA competitions, 1 Friday Night DVTA juniors team, 1 Eastern Saturday afternoon Open team, 1 Men’s pennant team and 8 junior teams playing in the NEJTA competition.
- We have 8 courts comprising of 2 en tout cas and soon 6 synthetic clay courts. Courts 3-8 are synthetic clay.
- The clubhouse has bathrooms, kitchen facilities, first aid kit and a automatic defibrillator (Donated by the Bendigo Community Bank – East Ivanhoe and Heidelberg Branch), and recently had new carpet put in and has had a refreshingly repainted. There is also BBQ area with a pavillion shelter for the use of members.
- We have parking available leading into both entry gates (top and bottom) of the tennis courts. Note that currently only the top gate is used.
- All of the courts are floodlit for night competition.