Viewbank Tennis Club
Your community tennis club for more than 50 years
COVID-19 Update (18 December 2020)- Book A Court
Dear VBTC members,
This is a friendly reminder that as of Thursday 17/12/2020 our new Book a Court system will be fully operational, and you must book courts online and access the venue using the PIN provided at the time of your booking.
Your access PIN will only work during times you have a valid booking, so book online at
Book A Court – Member
Court Hire – Non Member
Our New VBTC Hoodies are out……….
Buy NEW VBTC Hoodie now! Password: Viewbank21
You should have received an invitation from our membership secretary to register for Book a Court via email last month and it’s great to see that most of you have already registered. Please ensure you register using the link in the email invitation you received, as this is how the system will recognise you as a member and ensure you receive the court bookings as free of charge during daytime and at a discounted member pricing at night for the light usage.
From 1st January 2021: the bottom gate will be permanently locked and you will only be able to use the main gate with a PIN to the access the courts.
When you make a booking, you’ll receive a confirmation email and SMS containing your booking details and pin to access the venue.
On arrival: Your access pin will be active 15 minutes before the start of your booking time, please ensure you enter the pin, followed by the # key, upon arrival. When a valid PIN code has been entered at the main gate, the PIN pad LED changes to green and will produce two beeps. Once this happens, the gate will unlock and push the gate to get in.
If playing at night, court lights will automatically turn on after the pin entry (based on a light sensor).
Book at least 1 hour ahead of play: after making a booking, it can take up to 1 hour for your pin to become active
If you have any issues, please contact Sylvia Watson at email@example.com
Best regards, Viewbank TC Executive Committee
Viewbank Tennis Club has reopened for play tennis on 22 October 2020!
This is the current conditions/rules for safe play during COVID times from Tennis Victoria and Banyule City Council for our club:
Rules of Play:
FIRST: REGISTER ONCE AS A MEMBER IN CLUB SPARK (CHECK YOUR PERSONALISED EMAIL LINK). THEN:
BOOK. GET IN. PLAY. GET OUT.
As advised by Tennis Victoria and from their consultation with Government, the conditions and rules for play are summarised below:
Book A Court – Member
Court Hire – Non Member
- MAX of 50 people at the venue (not including coaches).
- Change from 30/10/20: Singles and doubles are now allowed (AND no household restriction in place anymore).
- No clubhouse access is allowed.
- No use of the pergola area. No social gathering at the club.
- Only financial members will be permitted to using the courts for free. The club has the right to remove any non-financial member from bookings made if not registered and paid as a guest.
- Courts 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 will be available for members to book to play socially all day Monday to Sunday until 8pm. (no other courts – yet)
- Coaching will be run by Topline Tennis on courts 1 & 2, Monday to Saturday.
- Records must be kept of all members using our facility. So, booking a court ahead of play is essential and all players’ full names and details should be listed on the same booking. If a player is not listed on a booking, then play will not be permitted.
***As the system is NEW, please bear with us while we will be working through teething issues, just try login/out or wait & try a little before contacting us. Thank you for your understanding***
Concerns of social distancing is not being followed
We encourage members to contact the Police if they are concerned of any actions taken that go against advice from the Club and Health Authorities.
If you are not receiving emails from the club, please check your junk mail first prior to sending your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Look after each other & Stay safe! Have fun!
VBTC Executive Committee
Viewbank Tennis Club – Risk warning
You acknowledge that by using the tennis courts and playing tennis you will be exposed to certain risks, including the risk of physical injury. You may also be exposed to the possibility of contracting an illness, including without limitation the COVID-19 virus. The COVID-19 virus can spread very quickly and result in very serious medical complications in some people. You agree that the use of the tennis courts is entirely at your own risk. You have read and understood this risk warning and voluntarily accept and assume the inherent risks in use of the tennis courts and playing tennis.
Return to Tennis Guidelines: It is important that we all take precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Guidelines have been developed to reduce the likelihood of contracting the virus while playing tennis. Before playing tennis, please review the guidelines which are available here: TV Update
Our club was founded in 1969 and has 350 members. With our quality facilities, courts and people, it allows us to provide a fun and safe environment to enjoy playing tennis with their family and friends both in the social or competition scene! Last year, the club has celebrated it’s 50th birthday in style.
Upcoming events:- postponed for now
*NEW* Calling for new players, those who are wanting to pick up a racket again, or you just want to have fun.
NO SKILL-NO RACKET-NO MATES REQUIRED: Open Court Sessions – Sunday’s from 4.30-6pm.
Register here: OpenCourtViewbankTC
Club Championships – Date TBC – juniors & seniors.
See our facebook site for details.
Buy NEW Viewbank Tennis Club Hoodie now! Password:
- Viewbank Tennis Club has 18 adult teams playing in the NENTG and HDTA competitions, 1 Friday Night DVTA juniors team, 1 Eastern Saturday afternoon Open team, 1 Men’s pennant team and 8 junior teams playing in the NEJTA competition.
- We have 8 courts comprising of 2 en tout cas and soon 6 synthetic clay courts. Courts 3-8 are synthetic clay.
- The clubhouse has bathrooms, kitchen facilities, first aid kit and a automatic defibrillator (Donated by the Bendigo Community Bank – East Ivanhoe and Heidelberg Branch), and recently had new carpet put in and has had a refreshingly repainted. There is also BBQ area with a pavillion shelter for the use of members.
- We have parking available leading into both entry gates (top and bottom) of the tennis courts. Note that currently only the top gate is used.
- All of the courts are floodlit for night competition.