Viewbank Tennis Club
Your community tennis club for more than 50 years
COVID-19 Update (2 August 2020)- Play suspended until at least 13 September 2020
Dear VBTC members,
A State of Disaster has been declared in Victoria, along with Stage 4 Lock down Restrictions and Curfew for Melbourne.
As per today’s State Government announcement, tennis is no longer a permitted sporting activity within Metropolitan Melbourne.
Unfortunately as a result, we are CLOSING our doors from 6pm tonight, Sunday the 2nd of August 2020.
Please safe everyone and take care of each other.
VBTC Executive Committee
Covid-19 Update 23 July 2020
!NEW LOCKDOWN RULES: Get in. Get out. !
Following the Victorian Government announcing Metropolitan Melbourne going back into lockdown as of midnight last night, good news has come through that this time outdoor social tennis can continue to occur during this time with the following restrictions:
- MAX. 10 people allowed at the club at any one time.
- Casual play for members of the same household OR for max. 2 people from different households. (so basically singles OR family play)
- You don’t need to wear mask while playing, but you are required to carry a mask in your pocket (to wear when accessing/exiting the court)
- Coaching for members of the same household or 1-on-1 coaching
- No access to Club House or toilets.
- Unfortunately for those who do participate in night tennis this is cancelled until further notice.
- Tennis Vic Guidelines: Tennis Vic Community Tennis
We hope you all keep safe during Melbourne lockdown V2.0.
GET IN. GET OUT.
If you are not receiving emails from the club, please send your email address to email@example.com.
You can find the Tennis Victoria News here: TV News
You can find the Rules for play here: Return to Play Rules
So book your court and register & list ALL players: court-bookings
Look after each other & Stay safe! Have fun!
VBTC Executive Committee
Viewbank Tennis Club – Risk warning
You acknowledge that by using the tennis courts and playing tennis you will be exposed to certain risks, including the risk of physical injury. You may also be exposed to the possibility of contracting an illness, including without limitation the COVID-19 virus. The COVID-19 virus can spread very quickly and result in very serious medical complications in some people. You agree that the use of the tennis courts is entirely at your own risk. You have read and understood this risk warning and voluntarily accept and assume the inherent risks in use of the tennis courts and playing tennis.
Return to Tennis Guidelines: It is important that we all take precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Guidelines have been developed to reduce the likelihood of contracting the virus while playing tennis. Before playing tennis, please review the guidelines which are available here: Tennis Victoria Return to Tennis Guidelines
Our club was founded in 1969 and has 350 members for the 2018/2019 membership year. With our quality facilities, courts and people, it allows us to provide a fun and safe environment to enjoy playing tennis with their family and friends both in the social or competition scene! Last year, the club has celebrated it’s 50th birthday in style.
Upcoming events:- postponed for now
*NEW* Calling for new players, those who are wanting to pick up a racket again, or you just want to have fun.
NO SKILL-NO RACKET-NO MATES REQUIRED: Open Court Sessions – Sunday’s from 4.30-6pm.
Register here: OpenCourtViewbankTC
Club Championships – Date TBC – juniors & seniors.
See our facebook site for details.
Buy NEW Viewbank Tennis Club Shirt now! Password:
Pay your VBTC 2019-2020 Club Membership
- Viewbank Tennis Club has 18 adult teams playing in the NENTG and HDTA competitions, 1 Friday Night DVTA juniors team, 1 Eastern Saturday afternoon Open team, 1 Men’s pennant team and 8 junior teams playing in the NEJTA competition.
- We have 8 courts comprising of 2 en tout cas and soon 6 synthetic clay courts. Courts 3-8 are synthetic clay.
- The clubhouse has bathrooms, kitchen facilities, first aid kit and a automatic defibrillator (Donated by the Bendigo Community Bank – East Ivanhoe and Heidelberg Branch), and recently had new carpet put in and has had a refreshingly repainted. There is also BBQ area with a pavillion shelter for the use of members.
- We have parking available leading into both entry gates (top and bottom) of the tennis courts. Note that currently only the top gate is used.
- All of the courts are floodlit for night competition.